Gloopee

Gloopee is the little life-form that I am very excited about meeting at the end of December 2006. I often talk, sing, play guitar/didj to Gloopee through Sa's abdomen. Gloopee likes it, I know Gloopee does. Gloopee makes Glooping movements which sweep wavelike across Sa's belly. I love Sa and I love Gloopee.

October 09, 2006

Advice. Suggestions. Disdain. Comparisons. Anybodeeee?? No??...Good!!

I think I've read and heard enough now. Just want to talk to Sa, Gloopee and the midwives. And maybe some male friends who've been through it and don't want to advise me. Sa bought me a great book, "Men at Birth", which is full of mens' anecdotes of being present at birth - best thing I've read. I highly recommend it, in fact I advise you to read it. There's virtually nothing about three-wheeled jet-powered carbon-fibre perambulators, cots that make babycinos, or child restraint seats for your Subaru Forester. Just the conveyance of the feeling of what it's like to prepare for your baby's birth, to experience and support your partner giving birth and what happens afterwards. It's helped me at least feel like I am much more prepared and have a much better idea of what my role is in the whole game than just knowing terms like meconium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home