Gloopee

Gloopee is the little life-form that I am very excited about meeting at the end of December 2006. I often talk, sing, play guitar/didj to Gloopee through Sa's abdomen. Gloopee likes it, I know Gloopee does. Gloopee makes Glooping movements which sweep wavelike across Sa's belly. I love Sa and I love Gloopee.

October 16, 2006

Doula - I thought it was a greek doughnut.

Turns out it's a woman's birthing helper. We have asked Nina and Patsy both to be our birth helpers. I say "our", as I'll probably need to be fed lots, so of course they'll basically just be feeding me in between offering a few words of encouragement to Sa. We made Neenz watch an Austrian birthing video - I had watched it previously, and was mildly traumatised (is that an oxymoron?) (or am I a moron?), so was quite concerned about how Nina might handle the "explicit" scenes. Then again, if she is going to be at the birth, she'd better get used to it hey. Well, sounds like Neenz's reaction was similar to mine, which was a relief, I'm so glad she still wants to be a part of this. Aside: Nina has also agreed to dance at the Newtown Yoga Room 10 Years at Dickson St party, which I am thrilled about as the Performances Coordinator (cos I didn't have enough on my plate already...).
Patsy was blown away when Sa asked her to be at the birth, she is extremely excited and already telling us that she'll bring the music (nervous laughter from Gizzard). She'll be a strong person to have at the birth, I reckon she'll keep us all going even when we think we're exhausted. And of course we'll have the gorgeous midwives from St George Hospital there supporting us too - may their home birth programme be successful enough for it to spread throughout hospitals in Australia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home