Gloopee

Gloopee is the little life-form that I am very excited about meeting at the end of December 2006. I often talk, sing, play guitar/didj to Gloopee through Sa's abdomen. Gloopee likes it, I know Gloopee does. Gloopee makes Glooping movements which sweep wavelike across Sa's belly. I love Sa and I love Gloopee.

October 22, 2006

Ante-natal classes - how to run a birth protest meeting...



Just kidding. Attended our first class on Tuesday night. Run by Jo Perks, a perky midwife. We walked in 15 minutes late as we just had to have dessert at Iku on the way and then I left Sa in charge of directions..."are you sure this is the right street??".
Everyone looked a bit tense and then we went through the "tell us your hopes and fears" guff. I was the first male to speak. I voiced my main concerns about complications and not having the natural birth that we want to have. Jo was good and I felt reassured after speaking with her about it. When it came to the other blokes' turns, they sat there with arms crossed "Ah...yeah...what everyone else has said basically". One of them is a paramedic, a huge gentle guy. Spoke to another woman who discovered her partner was pregnant on the day they bought a house in Leichhardt - quite a big day! I'm glad I went, we got to watch another birth video. Pain seemed to be the biggest issue for most couples (actually, all of them except for us). Sa is (at least now) very accepting of that aspect of the birth, chanting her anicca mantra "impermanence...impermanence..".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home