Gloopee

Gloopee is the little life-form that I am very excited about meeting at the end of December 2006. I often talk, sing, play guitar/didj to Gloopee through Sa's abdomen. Gloopee likes it, I know Gloopee does. Gloopee makes Glooping movements which sweep wavelike across Sa's belly. I love Sa and I love Gloopee.

December 01, 2006

Mid-morning with the mid-wives.


Angela and Lisa came over on Monday morning, Nina was here too. They brought and left with us an oxygen tank and various other supplies for the big event. Angela was really fantastic and Lisa is great too. Angela really made me feel confident, excited and ready for the whole thing, and Sa is reaching the point where I think she'd like it to happen sooner rather than later too. I keep walking into the room, glancing at Gloopee and exclaiming "Geeeez!" or "Bloody hell!". Especially when Sa has no clothes on, it's amazing how far out her tummy protrudes. The midwives went through a checklist of questions and informed us of what situations could arise that would mean a transfer to hospital was necessary - the most likely being the old "failure to progress", though being midwives and not know-it-all (even though they don't) doctors, they didn't quite put it in those words. They also seem to be a little more relaxed about what constitutes a labour which is "running overtime". They checked our bath and the house and were happy with it and amenable to any suggestions we made. It's only three weeks until the Christmas break now, and that could very likely be the start of a three month break from (paid) work for me - I can't wait to have a break from work and I'm very excited about meeting Gloopee. Sarah asked her Dad to ask for a Chinese name for the baby - we had a quick response from the family (from Pui Yan, not sure who actually gave the names). The names are Seen Loong for a boy (kind dragon) and Pui Fun for a girl (apt/suitable original/pure).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home